World-class healthcare with a uniquely
Since 1920, our experienced physicians and clinicians have offered the community a comprehensive array of healthcare services, state of the art technology and personalized care. Milford Hospital is a regional leader in emergency and walk-in services, joint replacement surgery, maternity care, home care and educational programs.
Milford Hospital is a not-for-profit subsidiary of Milford Health and Medical, Inc. A 106-bed acute care community hospital serving the residents of Greater New Haven and Fairfield Counties, Milford Hospital has over 300 active and courtesy physicians with admitting privileges.
Due to the increased demand for our patient centered services, Milford Hospital completed an award winning $28 million expansion and renovation project during the past decade. The hospital offers new, modern and comfortable facilities. We are committed to providing high quality, convenient healthcare to our community and to continuously expand and update out centers of excellence:
- In 2012, the Advanced Wound Care Center at Milford Hospital opened to patients with chronic or non-healing wounds. Our multi-disciplinary team of physicians, nurses and other clinicians offer personalized treatment plans that utilize the latest advanced techniques to enhance the body's natural healing process. We Heal When Nature Can't.
- In 2007, the hospital opened its off-site Walk In / Urgent Care Center offering urgent care services to more than 12,000 patients per year.
- In 2006, the hospital was the first in Connecticut to offer 3-D and 4-D imaging by investing in high-tech enhancements to its radiologic services.
- In 2005, the Connecticut Joint Center at Milford Hospital opened, a specialized nine-bed unit designed to meet the growing demand for hip, knee and shoulder replacement surgery. Shortly after, a Milford Hospital orthopeadic surgeon was the first in the region to use computer guided imaging during total knee replacement. More recently, a Milford Hospital Orthopaedic Surgeon became the first, and only, in the State of Connecticut to perform joint replacement of the thumb utilizing a metal implant with new and improved technology.
Milford Hospital is licensed and accredited by the following organizations:
- Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations
- The Connecticut Department of Public Health
- Connecticut State Medical Society for Continuing Medical Education
- American Medical Association
- American College of Radiology
- College of American Pathology
- American Dental Association
- The Nuclear Regulatory Agency
- Parent Corporation: Milford Health and Medical, Inc.
- Milford Hospital, Inc.
- Milford Health Care Services, Inc.
- Milford Hospital Fund, Inc.
- Seabridge Corporation
- Seabridge / Diagnostic Imaging
- Milford Medical Laboratory, Inc.
- Home Care Plus, Inc.
- Torry Corporation
- SBAC, LLC